Four-Day Weekend Estimates:
1) Unknown: $25.3 million (BX.com estimate)
2) Gnomeo & Juliet: $25 million (BX.com estimate)
3) I Am Number Four: $22.8 million (BX.com estimate)
4) Just Go With It: $21.3 million (BX.com estimate)
5) Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son: $20 million (20th Century Fox estimate)
It's going to be a close race for the top spot between Unknown and Gnomeo and Juliet during the four-day holiday frame. Warner Bros. is estimating $21.7 million for Unknown for Friday-Sunday, which puts it on pace for $25.3 million. Disney is estimating $19.4 million for Gnomeo & Juliet from Friday-Sunday. The animated flick could easily close the gap and win the four-day weekend.
I Am Number Four now has no shot at winning the weekend. Not finishing #1 is certainly a disappointment for the first film of the DreamWorks/Disney union.
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son will end up in 5th place over the four-day frame. Martin Lawrence's drawing power is nowhere near what it once was.
After 14 straight down weekends, this weekend marks an 8.9% increase over the Feb. 19-Feb. 21, 2010 frame.
Additional reporting by Daniel Garris.