Weekend Forecast: 'Cinderella' & 'Run All Night'
Featured Stories - on March 11, 2015 by BoxOffice Staff
- Disney's successfully rebuilt their reputation for delivering entertaining fairy tale adaptations over the past few years.
- The absence of a hit film in recent weeks leaves the market ready for another one.
- The film's Facebook page has already totaled a strong 13.7 million fans.
- Early reviews are very encouraging, which should also lead to long legs.
- Male interest for the film isn't as high as it was for Maleficent or Oz the Great and Powerful.
- While not necessarily a negative, Twitter activity is more conservative -- along the lines of Into the Woods rather than Oz or Maleficent.
- Flixster activity is relatively modest.
Run All Night
- Liam Neeson's cemented status as an action star.
- Twitter activity is trending slightly ahead of A Walk Among the Tombstones.
- Counter-programming to the female-heavy Cinderella.
- Facebook and Flixster buzz are lacking, especially on the former where the film holds just under 53,000 fans.
- With his third film since October, audiences could be a bit overexposed to Neeson right now.
Check out our complete weekend forecast in the table below.
|Title||Release Date||Distributor||Weekend||Domestic Total through Sunday, March 15|
|Cinderella (2015)||Mar 13, 2015||Disney
|Run All Night||Mar 13, 2015||Warner Bros.
|CHAPPiE||Mar 6, 2015||Sony / Columbia
|Focus (2015)||Feb 27, 2015||Warner Bros.
|The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel||Mar 6, 2015||Fox Searchlight
|Kingsman: The Secret Service||Feb 13, 2015||Fox
|The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water||Feb 6, 2015||Paramount
|McFarland, USA||Feb 20, 2015||Disney
|The DUFF||Feb 20, 2015||CBS Films / Lionsgate
|American Sniper||Dec 25, 2014||Warner Bros.
|The Lazarus Effect||Feb 27, 2015||Relativity Media
|Fifty Shades of Grey||Feb 13, 2015||Universal / Focus
Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.