'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II' Rapidly Selling Out Shows
on July 07, 2011
The last wave of Harry Potter hysteria is shaping up to be the biggest one yet.
Fandango is reporting more than 2,000 sold-out Potter showtimes across the country, from Anchorage, Alaska to Sunrise, Florida.
The final Harry Potter movie is currently:
• Fandango's most anticipated film of 2011 (according to a December 2010 survey of more than 4,000 moviegoers);
• Fandango's fastest-selling title of the year so far;
• 62% of daily ticket sales on Fandango (followed by Transformers: Dark of the Moon, accounting for 14% of sales);
• Outpacing any previous Potter film in ticket sales on Fandango at the same point in the films' sales cycles.
• Selling twice as many tickets on Fandango as sold for the last Potter summer release (Half-Blood Prince) at the same point in that film's sales cycle.
Many industry prognosticators believe that Deathly Hallows: Part II could give The Dark Knight's opening weekend record of $158.4 million a run for its money. Deathly Hallows: Part II will also try to topple Transformers: Dark of the Moon as the biggest movie of Summer 2011, which would likely make it the biggest movie of 2011.
No comments were posted.