UPDATED: 'Ted' and 'Magic Mike' Start Strong
on June 30, 2012
Saturday: Universal reports that Ted grossed $20.2 million on Friday, and it will go on to make $51.4 million. Meanwhile, Warner Bros. says that Magic Mike raked in an impressive $19.4 million on Friday. Boxoffice.com projects a $47.5 million for Magic Mike.
Friday Update: Universal reports that Ted raked in $2.625 million from midnight shows at 1,090 locations. Meanwhile, Warner Bros. reports that Magic Mike made a healthy $2.050 million from 1,100 locations during midnight shows.
From Fandango's official release:
Fandango reports that the Channing Tatum male stripper movie, "Magic Mike", is #1 in today's ticket sales, representing 53% of all sales on Fandango on Wednesday. In a survey conducted Tuesday on the site with more than 1,000 respondents, Fandango found the following:
• 87% are planning to see it with a group of women;
• 81% are 25-49 years old;
• 82% plan to see it opening weekend
• 78% said that "Magic Mike" is the summer movie they're most excited to see on the big screen;
• 77% feel that female-skewing movies have been lacking in Hollywood;
• 68% are planning to attend some kind of get-together before or after the movie.