'Jack Reacher' Hits $22.5 Million Overseas
on December 30, 2012
Jack Reacher opened in another 25 markets this holiday season, including the UK and France, making an estimated $18.1M from 2,195 cinemas in 32 countries over its 2nd weekend. The film is estimated to have opened at 1stplace in the box office rankings of 5 countries. The International cume now stands at $22.5M.
· The UK came grossed an estimated solid $5.5M from 445 locations over 5 days, taking the 3rd place in the local Box Office. This is 50% above Valkyrie, 8% above Knight and Day, 22% above Collateral and 35% above Bourne Legacy.
· France opened at a very good $4.4M from 480 locations taking the 2nd place in the local Box Office. This is 88% above Valkyrie, 3% above Knight and Day, 7% above Collateral and 32% above Bourne Legacy.
For other territories, the grosses were as follows:
· Taiwan’s opening is estimated at an excellent $1.4M from 66 cinemas. Estimated ranking is at #1. This is 225% above Valkyrie, 38% above Knight and Day, 151% above Collateral and 22% above Bourne Legacy.
· The Netherlands are estimated at a good $1M from 75 cinemas.
· Belgium made an estimated very good $779k from 50 locations, coming in at #2 in the local Box Office.
· Portugal’s opening added a solid $289k from 52 locations, taking 2nd place at the Box Office.
Continued runs included the following:
· Turkey’s 2nd weekend is estimated at $295k from 134 cinemas. The drop is at 33% and cume is now at $882k.
· Hong Kong dropped a mild 29% from its opening with $228k from 30 cinemas pushing the cume to $867k.
· Singapore is estimated to made $235k from 26 cinemas in its 2nd weekend, pushing the cume to $933k.
· Malaysia added another $201k from 72 locations to its cume which is now at $933k.