CinemaCon 2014: Chris Dodd and John Fithian Present Theatrical Market Data for 2013
on March 25, 2014
MPAA CEO and Chairman Chris Dodd and NATO President and CEO John Fithian gathered with members of the press at CinemaCon this afternoon to release the 2013 theatrical market statistics.
- Box office grows 1.2% domestically, 4.6% internationally.
- NATO's John Fithian calls for year-round calendar diversity, freeing up space in packed summer and Christmas seasons.
- Substantial growth in admissions figures from minority audiences in the United States and Canada. A 2013 release slate with principal roles featuring African-American actors helps boost box office .
- Strongest growth in frequent movie-goers comes from viewers ages 2-11.
- China is the first overseas market to surpass $3 billion in annual box office.
- Possible changes coming for U.S. ticket pricing
No comments were posted.