Fandango: 'Spectre' Pre-Sales Trending Closely to 'Skyfall'; 'The Peanuts Movie' Also Looking Strong
on November 04, 2015
Their official press release:
LOS ANGELES - November 4, 2015 - The new James Bond adventure, "Spectre," is taking control of Fandango's Fanticipation movie buzz indicator with 96 out of 100 points, while "The Peanuts Movie" is following closely with 90 out of 100 points.
"Spectre" currently leads Fandango's weekend sales, pacing similarly to the previous 007 blockbuster, "Skyfall," at the same point in its sales cycle. "The Peanuts Movie" is appealing to family moviegoers and outselling previous hits, "Hotel Transylvania 2" and "Goosebumps," at the same point in those films' sales cycles on Fandango.
"There's something for everyone at theaters this weekend," says Fandango Chief Correspondent Dave Karger. "'The James Bond franchise continues to dazzle with ‘Spectre,' a spectacular action movie with cool car chases, crazy fight scenes and a deliciously evil villain in two-time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz. Based on our advance ticket sales on Fandango, ‘Spectre' just might match its fantastic international box office on our shores. At the same time, the sweet ‘The Peanuts Movie' is appealing to multi-generational audiences with its charmingly nostalgic animation and family-friendly 3D entertainment."
According to a survey of "Spectre" moviegoers on Fandango:
· 96% are glad that "Skyfall" director Sam Mendes returned for "Spectre";
· 93% would like to visit one of the exotic locations seen in a James Bond movie;
· 90% have seen all of the James Bond movies with Daniel Craig as 007;
· 89% are excited to see Christoph Waltz as a Bond villain;
· 47% say they are most interested in the film's intense action; 23% picked the cool gadgets & cars; 17% identified the film's scenic destinations; 9% chose wry humor.
According to a survey of "The Peanuts Movie" moviegoers on Fandango:
· 98% grew up watching "Peanuts" holiday specials on TV;
· 84% have shared those "Peanuts" specials with their kids;
· 78% are fans of Blue Sky Studios, producers of "The Peanuts Movie," plus the "Ice Age" and "Rio" films;
· 56% picked Snoopy as their favorite character; 21% Charlie Brown, 12% Linus, 5% Lucy.
Known for having its finger on the pulse of moviegoers, Fandango's movie buzz indicator, Fanticipation, provides statistical insight into the movies fans are planning to see in a given weekend. Fanticipation scores (based on a 1 to 100-point scale) are calculated via an algorithm of Fandango's advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement. Fanticipation is not intended as a forecast of the weekend box office; it is a snapshot of movie fan sentiment. Fandango is the nation's leading digital destination for moviegoers and fans with more than 42 million unique visitors per month.*
*According to comScore.