Weekend Forecast: 'The Visit' & 'The Perfect Guy'
Featured Stories - on September 09, 2015 by BoxOffice Staff
This weekend sees the opening of two new wide releases. Which will come out on top?
90 Minutes In Heaven will also receive a moderate release this weekend.
- Social media chatter has been generally positive over the past few weeks.
- In a year lacking horror breakouts at the box office, could a team-up between M. Night Shyamalan and Jason Blum be the one to do it?
- Early reviews are leaning negative.
- M. Night Shyamalan has unfortunately never found his footing again critically or commercially.
The Perfect Guy
- Counter-programming with this type of film worked relatively well in the past for films like No Good Deed and The Boy Next Door.
- Twitter and Facebook growth are healthy.
- Opening immediately after a holiday weekend could prove unwise.
- Flixster growth hasn't impressed as much as No Good Deed did.
Top 10 Forecast
BoxOffice is projecting a $64.6 million tally among this weekend's top ten films. That would mark a 12 percent drop from the same post-Labor Day weekend last year, which totaled $73.3 million as No Good Deed and Dolphin Tale 2 opened in the top two spots, respectively.
Check out our complete forecast in the table below.
|Title||Release Date||Distributor||Weekend||Domestic Total through Sunday, Sep. 13|
|The Visit (2015)||Sep 11, 2015||Universal
|The Perfect Guy||Sep 11, 2015||Sony / Screen Gems
|War Room||Aug 28, 2015||Sony / TriStar
|A Walk in the Woods||Sep 2, 2015||Broad Green Pictures
|Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation||Jul 31, 2015||Paramount
|Straight Outta Compton||Aug 14, 2015||Universal
|90 Minutes in Heaven||Sep 11, 2015||IDP / Samuel Goldwyn
|No Escape (2015)||Aug 26, 2015||Weinstein Company
|The Transporter Refueled||Sep 4, 2015||EuropaCorp Films
|Un Gallo con muchos Huevos||Sep 4, 2015||Lionsgate / Pantelion
Phil Contrino, Daniel Garris, Alex Edghill, and Shawn Robbins contributed to this report.